April 2, 2020
We hope this update letter finds each of you doing well and staying safe. Here is an update on what is happening!
Following the current nationwide extension of the social distancing order that runs now through April 30 and with the approval of First Baptist Church of Tucker standing committee chairs, all activities and events are cancelled through April 30, 2020 at which time we will re-evaluate.
We will continue to maintain community and communication with church members and others:
1. Church Office. For the safety of everyone, the church is being encouraged to communicate with the church office via telephone (770-938-1688), email, or using the contact us page. The church office is closed for foot traffic. We can still receive mail and you can reach us by phone at the office number
2. Worship. Starting Sunday, March 22nd, we will be sending out an email for individuals to participate in online worship. On Sundays, at a time you prefer, you will be able to open the email and have a time of worship in your home. The worship will include music, hymns, a sermon, and an opportunity for you to respond in prayer and in giving to the ministry of FBC Tucker. Dr. Watson will begin a series on the Sermon on the Mount during our online worship experiences.
3. Sunday Morning Bible Study. Phill will send out a Sunday Morning Bible Study, via email on Fridays, to provide an opportunity for folks to read and reflect on scripture. The lesson will provide questions for reflection.
4. Devotional Moments. At 4:00 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, your ministerial staff will be sharing with you a live devotion via Facebook Live! The schedule is as follows:
Monday: Rev. Vangie Rodenbeck
Tuesday: Dr. Darrell Watson
Wednesday: Rev. Pam Woodson
Thursday: Phill Nall
If you are unable to join us at 4 p.m. you will be able to view it at a time that is convenient for you since it will be recorded. In addition to the live broadcast, Phill will be putting together a written daily devotional that will be shared with all via email and then read via phone call or mailed to those without email or who are homebound.
5. Email Contact Messages. Pam will be sending out messages to make you aware of specific needs and prayer requests as well as instructions on how to access devotions and online worship.
6. Opportunities for Giving. Since the church will not be gathered to receive Tithes and Offerings, a letter with a stamped, self-addressed envelope will be mailed out to the church at large. In addition, one can always use the “DONATE NOW” button to give online either as a member or as a guest. FBC Tucker ministers and staff will continue, in the best way they can, to serve the church and the community.
7. Never Too Old (NTO). Phill is sending out a daily email to NTO members with online “things to do” such as music to listen to, virtual tours of museums or places, exercise class, movies, etc. The NTO meeting for April has been cancelled and all day trips scheduled for March and April have been cancelled.
8. Main Street Preschool. The MSP Director, Vangie Rodenbeck, is doing a daily Facebook Live event with the students. Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/mainstreetpreschooltucker/
In addition to this event, she and the MSP staff are sending out work assignments so that the children can stay on target regarding their academic progress.
Any questions, let us know. Any updates, let us know.
Lift us up in your prayers as we do the same for you!
Stay safe. Stay well. God be with you!
The FBC Tucker Staff